So, I think I might start using Mondays to lay out my plan in the gym for the week. Here’s what I want to do:
- I need a good 30-35 minutes of treadmill cardio five days a week to start the festivities, ideally finishing north of 450 calories burned (for my age/weight). I like having a good sweat rolling before I hit the weights and finish things off. Other people do it in reverse — your mileage may vary.
- Working on developing mobility means a chance to do fun workouts, like slams and wallballs. Simply being able to move better will make life better, but like I mentioned on Saturday, it also plays a big role in disc golf. So far I’ve been doing walls and slams to time — so, as many as I can in 30 seconds. Likely will keep that going for a bit longer.
- As for strictly lowerbody movements, a healthy dose of lunges and kettlebell swings ought do the trick.
- Almost no isolation workouts beyond a few side-to-sides/Russian twists and other abdominal exercises. Sorry, bro — no curls. At my core, I’m lazy as heck, so why not do a few movements that work everything?
- Spend a good hour or so doing the work, 5-6 days a week. I don’t always have time for even that, but it’s a solid goal.
The bigger thing is focusing more on better nutrition. That battle is getting easier as I settle into a new schedule, but more than anything, I have to be disciplined about what I eat more than ever before. It’s a battle I must win.